Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for March 27 - March 31, 2017:
Monday, March 27, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, March 28, CLOSED; Wednesday, March 29, 9 am to noon; Thursday, March 30, 9 am to noon; Friday, March 31, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- A series of Public Hearings will be held beginning at 6:30 pm on Monday, March 27. Click here for official notice.
- The March Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, March 27 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permits that need to be reviewed, were due by 10 am on Tuesday, March 21.
- The Annual Re-organizational Meeting of the Board of Supervisors will be held on Monday, April 10 beginning at 6 pm, followed by the April Board of Supervisors Meeting at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by noon on Tuesday, April 4.
- Dakota County has grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Click here to review more information about the program.
- Dakota County is revising its Solid Waste Master Plan to properly manage trash, recyclables, food waste, and hazardous materials. Our Township is a part of this important effort that affects everyone in the County. Over 500 County residents and businesses provided input on key issues from November 2016 through February 2017. Take a look at the Round 1 results, which will shape the County’s draft waste management strategies. Later this spring, watch for Round 2 opportunities to provide your feedback on those draft strategies, and get more information on the Master Plan process on the County Solid Waste Master Plan website.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to see this information on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free