Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for October 12 - October 16, 2015:
Monday, October 12, COLUMBUS DAY, FEDERAL HOLIDAY-CLOSED; Tuesday, October 13, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, October 14, 9 am to noon; Thursday, October 15, CLOSED; Friday, October 16, 9 am to noon.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail @
651-460-2221 or email
- The October Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 13 at 7 pm (Monday, October 12 is a Federal Holiday). Agenda items were due by 10 am on Tuesday, October 6.
- The October Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, October 26 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including building permit applications that need to be reviewed, are due no later than 10 am on Monday, October 19.
- CAPX News: Crews will be in various areas of the CapX line between the Chub Lake and Hampton substations starting Monday, October 5, 2015 performing OPGW tensioning and/or adding additional hardware to the conductors. The work is intended to be all aerial using helicopters, except for a few set-up and landing zones on private lands, and is expected to take approximately 3 weeks depending on weather conditions. There will be no interruption of traffic or crews on road rights of way.
- Ordinance No. 2013-01 - Zoning Ordinance (See Ordinances tab for a complete list of current Ordinances and Amendments to existing Ordinances)
- Castle Rock Township Zoning Map
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a new guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to this new guide on the Dakota County website.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free