Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for July 27 - July 31, 2015:
Monday, July 27, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, July 28, 9 am to noon; Wednesday, July 29, CLOSED; Thursday, July 30, 9 am to noon; Friday, July 31, CLOSED.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail @
651-460-2221 or email
- The July Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, July 27 at 7 pm. Agenda items were due on Monday, July 20.
- The August Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on Monday, August 10 at 7 pm. Agenda items are due by 10 am on Monday, August 3.
- Dakota County Transportation Department will be working on County Road 80S from Hwy 3 to 1 mile west of County Road 79 (Blaine Ave) beginning the week of July 20th. Work will include milling the existing pavement, paving and striping the roadway. Please click here for more information.
- Dates for the 2015 Dakota County Fair are August 10 to 16th. See you there!
- Ordinance No. 2013-01 - Zoning Ordinance (See Ordinances tab for a complete list of current Ordinances and Amendments to existing Ordinances)
- Castle Rock Township Zoning Map
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a new guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to this new guide on the Dakota County website.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free