Welcome to the official site of Castle Rock
Township, located in Dakota County,
Office Hours for September 26 - September 30, 2016:
Monday, September 26, 9 am to noon; Tuesday, September 27, CLOSED; Wednesday, September 28, 9 am to noon; Thursday, September 29, CLOSED; Friday, September 30, 9 am to noon.
Office hours can vary. If you need to set up an appointment outside of scheduled hours, please leave a voice mail at
651-460-2221 or email
- The September Planning Commission Meeting will be held on Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7 pm. Agenda items, including any building permits that need to go through review, were due on Monday, September 19.
- The October Board of Supervisors Meeting will be held on TUESDAY, October 11 at 7 pm. Agenda items must be received by 10 am on Tuesday, October 4.
- Dakota County has a significant amount of grant funds available to assist low income homeowners with upgrading failing septic systems. Grant funds will expire at the end of 2016. Click here to review more information aboout the program.
- To view updated local information regarding Dakota County Watershed Management, go to our "Links" page for helpful website links.
- The Vermillion River Watershed program is offering the opportunity to participate in the Master Water Stewards Program. Click here for more information.
- The Green Guide
Dakota County has created a new guide for residents to use to help determine the best way to get rid of your "stuff." It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recylced and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment. Click on "The Green Guide" above to go to this new guide on the Dakota County website.
- Rural Solid Waste Commission
See "Links" tab for website information regarding programs available for recycling programs available in Dakota County.
Castle Rock Township does not issue burning permits - look at the "Permits" page on this website under "Burning Permits" for more information.
Burning and burying of garbage causes
pollution and poses health threats. This
is why it is illegal for Dakota County
residents, including farmers, to burn or
bury solid wastes—such as paper,
plastic, cardboard, aerosols and other
garbage. See Castle Rock Township Ordinance No. 2013-01 Section 7.19.G Waste Materials. Residents may either
contract with a waste hauler
or take their garbage to a
local disposal facility.
What Things Do I Need to Get a Building
Citizen Complaint Policy and Complaint Form
Am I Registered to Vote?
Mowing of Right-of-ways
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't
have it, you can download it for free